Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Circles!!!

Today my layouts for gcd studios went up on their blog! It seems I have had circles on the brain lately.... :-)

This past month, I was lucky enough to have been given Soul Food and Animal Crackers for girls to work on...and I simply ADORE both of these collections!!!
The first layout, "Almost Seven" is about my oldest daughter. A couple of weeks before my kids birthdays, I like to do a layout, to look back and reflect on how much they have grown! I just love the orange and pinks in this collection!
The next layout, "Sugar and Spice" uses the Animal Crackers collection. The papers are SO CUTE!! I cut out several circle from the Icon Dots sheet and pop dotted them for dimension. I also did a bit of fussy cutting on the Cube Leaf paper so that it was overlapping onto the white cardstock. I then painted with a bit of white paint onto my paper and wrote my journaling on top!

Happy March...we are that much closer to spring...yipppeee!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, fabulous stuff yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, your layouts are always extra special! Great circles theme and color combos. I love how you painted and journaled over the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely PHENOMENAL work!! I just adore your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay these are GREAT! I have to admit circle are hard for me --weird I know! but there is the truth of it! :) These layouts are FANTASTIC, I love the idea that you do a reflective layout of your children, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both layouts are VUNDER-FUL! I love using circles too. I like how it softens the hard edges of paper, photos, etc. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layouts jaime ... and I LOVE the circles ... of course, coming from a big circle gal like myself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for making my day!